If you haven't heard the Wicked soundtrack yet, why not? It is so beautiful and so powerful. I can't stop listening to it! I just got it 3 days ago and practically have it memorized already. In "Defying Gravity," the soon-to-be Wicked Witch of the West speaks about her inner strength and power and how she isn't going to let anyone hold her down anymore... how the limitations she once felt were illusions she is going to shatter with her own new reality and if she is delusional, then, by goodness (har har), she is going to find out for her own self.
After speaking about feeling so raw, I am finding a renewed purpose and drive for success as well as an ability to do what I need to do and do it fantastically! I arrived at the office this morning at 5am filled with joy and have been doing lab inventory, cleaning and getting the studio-to-be room ready because my partner ordered the lights yesterday.
And, get this.
In the last 2 weeks:
1. I have gotten a new client due in Dec who paid in full.
2. I have had a consult with a woman who will let me know if she wants me for her midwife tomorrow. She is due in 3 weeks and will pay in full tomorrow if she is, indeed, choosing me.
3. I am doing a consult today with a woman who googled an obscure collection of terms and found my blog and through an interesting series of connections learned I live 15 minutes from her and is giddy to know "the woman who writes all those beautiful words" and I might be her monitrice for her VBAC. She is remotely considering a VBAC. She is due in July.
4. I have a consult for a woman due in June next week.
5. I have 2 new well-woman exams this week that I have no idea where they came from or where they heard of me. I am thrilled!
6. I have my first photography client! A family that comes here for other services wants me to do their holiday photo shoot because their kids love me and would laugh and carry on for me easily. We are going to do it next weekend. I can't wait!
Most of these things happened within the last 3-4 days. Very wonderful and strange.
We have a banner of chakras in the office and when we open the doors on both sides of the office, the banner blows and the chakras twist and turn. The banner is really, really high up (about 20 feet or so) and takes an act of God to untwist it so it usually stays that way for eons... until someone with a ladder can get up there - when the time changes and the clock on the other side of the room has to be gotten to that requires the ladder, too. The chakras have been unaligned for many months and it was extremely disconcerting to me. I am not even a yoga person or anything. I mean, I barely know what they are, but it made my head hurt to see them twisted and turned way up there.
Looking for something, anything, to blame my gookie feelings on, I blamed it on the twisted chakras. I kept asking the chiropractor to fix the chakras, but, of course, she couldn't reach it either. Well, yesterday, the chakras found their place AND WE TACKED THEM DOWN. Why the heck we didn't think to tack them down in the first place is beyond me, but for 3 years, we've had them flapping in the wind. Silly us.
So, the clocks got changed, the chakras are aligned, the light bulbs are changed, the chandelier is lit again (it was dead and so it was so dark in here) and I bought new fake flowers yesterday with my apprentice and decorated a little around the office trying to spruce things (and me) up.
I think it's working.